Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas and New Years

Well, Sorry but there wont be any pictures with this post. Our computer crashed so i cant upload any of them. Christmas was a blast. Ben's Brother Jon and his family came up and also Ben's sister Andrea and her family. We had so much fun. I made my first turkey ever for Christmas dinner and it was so YUMMY! I was so scared to make it, so im really happy it turned out well. We had so much other good food the entire weekend. Christmas morning was alot of fun with all the kids there. Everyone left on Sunday and I did too. I headed to the valley with Janell to Fly out monday to New York. I bawled my eyes out when I left Ben :( Im such a Baby! We got on a flight monday morning and were supposed to connect to another flight in chicago. Well, since we were flying standby we ended up not getting on any of the flights that day so we were stuck in chicago for the night. Bens Brother Sterling happened to know a girl there who came and picked us up and we satyed at her house and caught a flight early Tuesday morning. By the time we got to brooklynn it was about 1 PM. We were so glad to finally be there. This would be way too long if I wrote about everything we did, but we got to see lots of sights like the statue of liberty, ground zero, grand Central station, staten Island, Central Park, China Town , Rockafeller center, Time Square, etc.... we were there until friday morning at about 3 am. we took a cab back to the airport and caught a 6 am flight that took us to chicago and lucky for us we connected on the next flight at 845 and were back in phoenix by noon. Then i got in the car and drove back to SJ. Finally getting home by about 4:30 pm. I was so so happy to be home. I had a cold the entire trip and by the time i got home it was so much worse. And I got homesick so quick, being sick and pregnant on top of that left me quite emotional lol! SO ANNOYING! All in all it was a cool experience! Now Christmas and New Years are over and its back to the grind. Im actually glad! Being so far from home made me realize how truly happy I am. I have a wonderful hubby that I love so much and is so good to me, and I get to live in SJ and I love it here. Im so lucky to have such a good life. And on top of that we will be blessed with a baby girl in about three months...WOW I CAN'T WAIT!

4 comments:

The Chambers said...

Brittany sounds like Christmas was a blast! And I'm so jealous that you got to go to NY with Janelle. That must have been so much fun! You will have to post pics when you can. And I'm so excited for you two and the baby!

Jaime said...

I can't believe you got to go to New York! Trip of a lifetime, that's forsure!

Audrey said...

I found your blog, and it looks like you are 10 days ahead of me. Im having a little girl to. Do you have a name picked out yet?
Audrey

Anonymous said...

3 months!....so crazy. I swear last night we were eating chips and salsa with cheese. I'm so excited to see this little girl she is going to be the CUTEST!!! Miss ya roomie!